Friday, February 4, 2011

Sweat Shop

The humidity here in Brisbane has been pretty high this week, I almost
thought we were going to get away with a not  so hot summer but 
seems it is just coming late.

As my garage / workroom heats up like a sauna  and I attempt staying cool with my
pedestal fan it makes my wish more that our house was finished so that
I can sew in the comfort of an air conditioned room.

My current work space is a bit of a messy disaster and as any sewer / crafter
knows you can never have enough storage.  
I keep hunting around for ideas so that I get it right.
I found this via the Ikea Hackers Blog.
I have been looking for a big table to go in the centre of the room, one that has
storage underneath

Perfect.


This is made up with Ikea Kitchen cabinets
They have used a glass top which is lovely but may just go with  melamine.












I love this space (think I have posted this one before)




I wonder if I could ever be this organized.




More Kitchen cupboards.
Beautiful, easy to see and dust free.

Love it.


Back to the sweat shop.

Have a great weekend.

Mekaela xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mekaela, I think that workbench would be perfect. What a great idea. It would be nice to have the glass and me able to put pretty and inspiring images underneath, but, as it is a workroom, melamine would probably be more practical. I must check out that blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mekaela, the heat is horrible at the moment. We have just been at the beach to have a break - there was a really nice breeze happening. I love the workbench and think it would be perfect for craft activities. I am going to check out that blog too! Enjoy the rest of your weekend. ;-)

    ReplyDelete